Frequently asked Questions
We can help you get your background check. Contact us for more information or if you have any questions.
You must have a current address and/or delivery address in Canada as we only issue certificates in Canada by mail. If you have lived in Canada for less than 5 years, please check yes to the question as our form only takes into account Canadian addresses.
- Your first result in .pdf format will be emailed to you within a few business hours.
- You will receive the paper copy by mail a few days later.
- Processing times are generally fast by email and the original certificate will be sent to you by Canada Post within 3 to 7 business days.
- This is an additional search in your file to find out if you have any criminal charges that are currently pending in a canadian criminal court.
- With our partner Equifax.
Using databases from credit reporting agency Equifax and other third parties, eID produces four questions relating to an applicant’s credit history.
Only the candidate will be able to answer these questions correctly and pass the process. The information is compared to the personal data provided by the candidate (such as date of birth and previous addresses) to confirm the identity of the person. If this process fails, it’s usually due to a limited credit history. In this case, you’ll receive an email detailing another process for identifying yourself.
- You may need a background check at the request of an employer, to rent accommodation, to make a visa application in another country, because of a request from a government agency such as Immigration Canada or for an adoption request, or due to a request from an organization to do volunteer work, etc.
- We only accept Visa, Mastercard or Amex. Debit cards or rechargeable cards don’t always work. Call us during business hours to make a payment by phone. We will find a way together.
Watch your emails in the minutes after ordering. If you do not receive an email from us, check your ‘Spam’ or ‘Promotions’ tabs or simply search with the keyword ”backgroundcheckaccess” in your search bar before contacting us. Please provide a personal email address and not your professional office or organization email because their emails are often blocked by corporate servers.
Yes, with less return costs of around 15%. However, if you have already received or completed your form in full, there is no possibility of reimbursement since the processing has been done.
You will find your last name, first name, other names, date of birth and gender. The search results may be negative or confirmed. Here the police department will confirm your declaration that you have no criminal record in Canada or state that you have the following records. The third possible result is ”incomplete”, which simply means that the search does not match your declaration or you have a name or date of birth match with another individual who has a file in the national police file.
You will also find the date of issue of the certificate, the signature of the chief of police and the embossed seal of the police department.
This certificate will be in both of the official languages of Canada: English and French. Your criminal record will not appear on the certificate.
Applicants who are under the age of 18 must attend their local police department with their parent or guardian to obtain a criminal record check.
It is a password to validate a discount obtained with customer service. Ask for one if you’re getting background checks for groups of 5 people or more. The more people you have, the more discounts you get on your bill.
In Canada, criminal background checks can only be performed with the informed consent of the individual.
What is the validity of the police certificate? The minimum duration is for 6 months and more depending on the criteria and policy of each institution.
The Cobourg Police Department in Ontario processes your request directly and sends it to you by Canada Post. We act as intermediaries.
Yes, of course. If you have completed your form correctly, ask customer service in writing to make the correction. If, on the other hand, you made this error in your form, you will have to start the entire process again.
For all your unanswered questions, contact us at 1-888-811-1003